Celebrated liquid chef (mixologist) Kalel Demetrio teaches us how to make one of his Batangas-themed concoctions. Read and learn it too.
Anting-anting ni Malvar (Malvar’s amulet) is a drink that represents Batangas with ingredients coming from all over the province. It’s an easy citrusy drink with a tinge of spiciness in it, and we love it.
- 60 ml dalandan (sour orange) juice
- 15ml Sampinit lambanog liqueur
- 45ml Sirena dry gin
- 5g fresh turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of Agimat ng badboy (jigsaw pepper honey)
- A sprig of burnt rosemary
- 1 drop of herbed saline
- 20ml rosemary syrup
- Muddle the fresh turmeric in a tin shaker until the juices are released.
- Put in the rest of the ingredients in the shaker and stir.
- Add ice, shake, and strain into a glass.